How to deal with the challenge of being a fashion distributor in 2021? We are sharing our initiatives and thoughts below.
The challenge of being a fashion platform in 2021
It is no surprise that building a universe of fashion is not something that our world demands the most at this time. And therefore it is necessary (and important) for us to put into words what we do to integrate green thinking and initiatives in our daily work when it comes to business partners, materials, packaging, production and goals for the future.
Choosing the right business partners
When we meet up with potential business partners, we are always interested in hearing about their sustainable choices regarding their collections. Luckily, we often get surprised how the sustainable thinking is already a big part of what our brands do. We are experiencing an inspiring creativity and willingness to fight for a more green industry – and that makes our job a lot easier, because we can trust the brands of which we choose to work with when it comes to building a more green and more accepted fashion industry. Most of our brands are producing their collections in Europe, which we see as an important factor according to the imprint that we are making.
“Luckily, we often get surprised how the sustainable thinking is already a big part of what our brands do.”
We especially admire:
• ATP Atelier, who uses vegetable tanned leather only.
• Rodebjer and House of Dagmar, who both use a lot of organic, recycled and FSC certified materials.
• Nanushka, who has become known for their soft vegan leather items.
• Notes du Nord, who has made their AW21 collection of 70% sustainable materials.
• Agolde, who uses advanced laser technology, ozone machines and high-efficiency washing methods.
• Carlotha Ray, who makes sandals of 60-80% plant-based latex extraction.
• Lala Berlin, who has taken the lead when it comes to sustainable fashion and who masters everything from materials to production.
• CDLP, who uses organic textiles only.
• The Garment, who donates 1% of their annual revenue to non-profit organizations that are fighting to protect our planet.
• Studio Nicholson, Valstar, President’s, Barba Napoli, Circolo and Fortela, who only offer products that are made-to-order. This way there will be no waist.
“Together with our warehouse, we have decided to only use boxes made from recycled cardboard.”
Together with our warehouse, we have decided to only use boxes made from recycled cardboard. Moreover, the boxes have got integrated closing functions, making them easy to close without using any tape and to reuse for another purpose instead of throwing them out. We have also replaced the plastic filling with reused carton, resulting in the very same level of protection. In addition, our data server runs entirely on hydro power, which is 100% free from carbon dioxide (CO2).
We are not perfect – but we are trying to improve
In a time where green initiatives are necessary for our kind of business to exist, we are aware that there is always room for improvement. We know that we are not perfect, but at least that is a start. From here, we can make sure to learn new things and to be curious about the possibilities for making a change.
“We know that our brands have set up admirable goals for the many next years to come, and we can’t wait to follow their journey towards a more sustainable fashion industry.”
Goals for the future
We know that our brands have set up admirable goals for the many next years to come, and we cannot wait to follow their journey towards a more sustainable fashion industry. According to ourselves, we will continuously make sure to optimize our shipping and packaging methods in order to minimize our environmentally impact. We are always looking for business partners that lead the way when it comes to fighting CO2 emissions and the short life of clothing. We have much to learn, but from the very beginning we have believed in good quality and the device “buy less, buy better” – and this is still close to our hearts. Now, and in the future.
SHOP CONSCIOUS PIECES
Explore a handpicked selection of our most conscious pieces right here.